Subject: [boost] Boost.Application : Request for comments : Article / Thread Pool / Other Features / Documentation
From: Renato Forti (re.tf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-07 13:59:49

I agree, thanks for your comment.

Thanks
 --
 Renato Forti

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Boost [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] Em nome de Juan Carlos
Franzoy
Enviada em: segunda-feira, 7 de outubro de 2013 14:07
Para: boost_at_[hidden]
Assunto: Re: [boost] Boost.Application : Request for comments : Article /
Thread Pool / Other Features / Documentation

2013/10/7 Renato Forti <re.tf_at_[hidden]>:
> Hi All, In this email I would like to discuss some areas of
> Boost.Application.
>
> 01) Thread Pool functionality

It seems that a lot of functionality could be proposed: snmp, configuration,
log, clustering facilities (group protocols), threads, IPC, database
connectors, etc. They will turn Boost.Appliction a framework more like a
Java Application Container than a boost library.

I humbly think that a general library ideally should have a single
responsibility and be easily integrated with other libraries.

In my work I mantain a library with the oposite aproach: a framework.
It manages the startup, shutdown, pause and resume as a windows service, a
unix daemon or a console program. It provides a configuration and a log api,
and I am thinking about adding snmp support. But the context is completely
different, in my company it is done to "force" that all aplication are
written in a similar way.