Subject: Re: [boost] Improving Documentation
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-10 16:29:20

On 10/10/13 21:00, Andrew Hundt wrote:

> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/doc/html/boost_container_header_reference.html#header.boost.container.static_vector_hpp
>
> This second link is the typical header documentation throughout boost. When
> I first started using boost it was months before I realized that in these
> header synopsis I could click on the words of the class to see the full
> documentation of that class, in this case "static_vector". Much of the
> time I just felt confused and lost. I think this is indicative of a layout
> and user interface that needs some improvement.

Documentation like this is generated by preprocessing Doxygen XML output
to integrate it into Boostbook and have a good look for C++ references.
It has most of what you can expect from Doxygen + the Boostbook stuff
which gives better cross-referencing than simple Doxygen.

I personally don't understand how one cannot notice that the blue bits
that become underlined when you hover them and change colors once
visited are hyperlinks (especially since that's also true for any other
hyperlink in Boost docs and most of the World Wide Web).
What do you suggest would be better?