Subject: Re: [boost] Support for BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION
From: Sergey Cheban (s.cheban_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-11 01:59:35

10.10.2013 20:43, Stephen Kelly пишет:

>> May be I just don't understand the current boost workflow. But as I
>> can see the current workflow leads to the problems like the following:
>
> You're quoting things out of context instead of linking to gmane where
> there would be context.
Ok, here are the gmane links:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/79812
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/243174
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/79805

>> On 09.10.2013 3:12, Rich E wrote:
>>
>>> I'm seeing that Fusion has not been updated with fixes for #5010
>>> <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5010#comment:24> a /3/ /year
>>> old(!)/ bug, that is reported as fixed. Why is this? From what I can
>>> tell, changeset #4441
>> <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/84441>
>>> fixes the issues I ran into, but the 1.55beta package doesn't reflect
>>> this...
>
> What happened? Did someone commit the fix to trunk instead of release?
> If so, then maybe they made a mistake. If it was a mistake, then
> cherry-pick the commit. Done. No big deal. Mistakes happen.
As I've understood, someone has forgotten to commit the working
changeset to the release branch.

>> like this:
>>>
>>> There were no changes in boost release for several years.
>
> It is my understanding that the release branch should contain the boost
> 1.5.5 beta. With that understanding in mind, I can't understand this
> quoted sentence. What does it mean?
If I've understood correctly, someone else has forgotten to put the
working version of the boost.test to the release branch.

>> and following:
>> On 08.10.2013 12:50, Akira Takahashi wrote:
>>> 2013/10/8 Domagoj Saric <dsaritz_at_[hidden] <mailto:dsaritz_at_[hidden]>>
>>> With MSVC12 RC:
>>> * 1.54 and 1.55 b1 RC - lots of:
>>> ..\boost/iterator/detail/__facade_iterator_category.hpp(__166) :
>> error
>>> C2039: 'assert_not_arg' : is not a member of 'boost::mpl'
>>>

>>> This issue fixed by this commit.
>>> http://lists.boost.org/boost-commit/2013/05/46330.php
>>>
>>> However, not merge to release branch yet.
>
> What's the problem? If someone writes that it is not merged *yet*, then
> they intend to apply it to the release branch somehow, right?
The problem is that developers are forgetting to copy working changesets
to the release branch. This changeset has been made on the trunk before
1.54 was released.

> Is merging trunk into release part of the boost release strategy?
Yes and no. The individual changes are initially made on the trunk and
have to be merged to the release branch after cycling the tests (but
sometimes developers are forgetting to merge them). The whole trunk is
never being merged to the release branch.

--
Best regards,
Sergey Cheban