Subject: Re: [boost] Improving Documentation
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-11 12:08:22

On 10 Oct 2013 at 23:26, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> > Boost.Geometry contains a utility called doxygen_xml2qbk which
> > converts Doxygen XML into Quickbook.
>
> Initially, for Boost.Geometry I ported Boost.Asio XSLT sheet to
> generate API reference. The work proved the XSLT application
> is scary and highly prone to the bus factor :-)
> So, Barend decided to write a custom utility in C++ that is
> much easier to reason about, hence maintain.

Did you or Barend merge my patchset to doxygen_xml2qbk which I
submitted on the boost issue tracker? I basically add the ability to
document structure data members, something AFIO needs. Otherwise
nothing else is changed. I reattach it.

I'd really like it if you split out doxygen_xml2qbk into a standalone
tool in Boost tools instead of hogging to yourselves in Geometry :)
doxygen_xml2qbk produced the best output of all the Boost
documentation tools I tried. It has many problems, bugs and
brittleness, but until it's standalone I can see there being some
confusion (as evidenced by this thread) about what the tool does,
that it exists, that it's useful and that yes it can be improved.
Even with its warts, it's still the best out of anything I tried.

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/