Subject: Re: [boost] Improving Documentation
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-12 05:31:13

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM, Paul A. Bristow
<pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]

While I agree with you that Doxygen is a great tool for generating
reference sections, when I was writing Boost.Log docs I found that
Boost stylesheets discarded most of the special tags (AFAIR, \sa was
one of them; \cond doesn't always work, I don't remember the others).
This was particularly frustrating because //! style comments for
functions would not get into docs (the functions would appear
undocumented). Also formatting for some long declarations (e.g.
functions with long return/argument types) is not always pretty. These
problems sometimes require quite an amount of scaffolding just to make
the code look well in the docs, which actually makes the real code
more cluttered.