Subject: [boost] Extensive interdependencies in Boost
From: Philip Bennefall (philip_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-17 17:53:59

Hi all,

I have been doing some tests with bcp recently, and the number of files I
get for even the smallest header-only libraries (at least on the surface) is
quite surprising to me. I know that not all files are used for compilation
on a given platform, but I would still like to avoid putting 1253 files
(11.7 MB) in my source tree just because I use a tiny part of Boost
(boost/unordered_map.hpp in this case).

I am wondering, will the effort that I have been reading about to modularize
Boost, attempt to reduce some of these interdependencies? Or is the idea
more about reducing the download size of the Boost distribution itself?

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall