Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Modularizing Boost (modularization)
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-18 20:51:45

On 10/18/2013 12:37 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> On 10/18/2013 06:28 PM, Edward Diener wrote:

>>> It makes the property_map library/repo/package not depend on the graph
>>> library/repo/package.
>>
>> The property_map library is a header only library. Please point out to
>> me where in the property_map headers there is any reference to
>> anything in the graph library.
>>

> Le-sigh.
>
> I suggest you do your equivalent of this:
>
> boost-trunk/boost/property_map{master}$ git grep boost/graph
>
> I won't ruin the surprise for you by pasting the output.
>
> If you don't understand my point after seeing the output, please just
> accept that you don't understand the point. No need to respond. A long
> sub-thread like this is bad.
>
> Thanks for taking the thread off-track and into the human-round-trip zone,

I was in the wrong in that I had not looked at the 'parallel' directory
of property_map in order to see that it does indeed have a dependency
there on the graph library.

Looking at the file 'distributed_property_map.hpp', where the dependency
on graph exists, would it not be better to eventually move this and the
specializations of distributed_property_map to the graph library so that
property_map can then be independent of the graph library. I realize
this is more than just moving a file, but rather involves moving the
specializations of property map templates for the distributed property
map out of their places in property_map to some place under graph. I
also realize that this may be beyond what you have tasked yourself to
do, but I would really like to see property_map as a library on its own
independent of the graph library.