Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] What do we do with "glue" headers?
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-19 13:19:06

On 10/19/2013 06:59 PM, Daniel James wrote:
> On 19 October 2013 17:40, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>>> In a submodule of the library that depends on both the rest of the
>>> library and serialization.
>>>
>>> I don't see any need for optional dependencies here.
>>
>> IMHO, having glue headers in separate repositories is very inconvenient.
>
> We could set it up so that a single repo could contain multiple
> submodules (i.e. a module for dependency checking is not the same
> thing as a git submodule).

agree,

I am not sure I like using the term submodule though, it sort of imply
it is part of something, and thus that something have the properties of
the part, hence we do not get rid of the dependency.

Why not just call them separate components, or modules or something
else. They just happen to live in the repository of the library they
can add features to if they are used.

--
Bjørn