Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Modularizing Boost (modularization)
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-19 13:58:48

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013, Edward Diener wrote:

> On 10/19/2013 3:31 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> On 10/19/2013 02:51 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
>>> I realize this is more than just moving a file, but rather involves
>>> moving the specializations of property map templates for the
>>> distributed property map out of their places in property_map to some
>>> place under graph. I also realize that this may be beyond what you
>>> have tasked yourself to do,
>>
>> It could be better and doesn't seem like unreasonable effort. If we ever
>> get that far, I'd look into that, yes.
>
> I am working on this and will post a message about the results when I am
> finished locally and have tested it.

Please keep me posted on that as well (and it would have been nice to have
a subject line specifically on Graph and PropertyMap issues). I suspect
that the underlying communication layer used by the parallel graph and
property map libraries can be pulled out; it is in the graph library right
now, leading to the dependency. There also seem to be more general
utilities (untracked_pair and unsafe_serialize, for example) that might
belong in Boost.Serialization instead of the graph or property map
libraries. Looking through the other graph headers used in
distributed_property_map.hpp (which is the one with the most
dependencies), they can either be moved to boost/property_map/parallel
since they have no other dependencies themselves, or (in the case of
hash<edge_desc_impl>) moved into the graph library. I am also willing to
make those changes if you want.

-- Jeremiah Willcock