Subject: Re: [boost] Request permission to apply patch to trunk.
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-21 02:55:19

On 20.10.2013 23:13, Beman Dawes wrote:> I'd like to apply the attached patch to trunk. It is not supposed to break
> anything on an svn checkout, but we held off applying it until 1.55 beta
> shipped because of concern it would be disruptive if it somehow messed up
> the build system right in the middle of getting the beta out.
>
> Thanks to Bjørn Roald for developing the patch.
>
> Without this patch, the only way to test modular-boost headers mechanism is
> to manually apply the patch yourself, and that pretty much limits testing.
>
> OK to apply?

Beman,

as you probably know, the only reason this branch is not yet merged to trunk is because
there's no proper dependency between install and headers set up yet. That is, you need
"b2 headers" before "b2 install" will work. Whether you prefer to merge/commit now is
rather up to you.

FAOD, adding proper dependencies does not involve any theoretical difficulty, just a
bit of time.

- Volodya