Subject: Re: [boost] [multiprecision] New binary floating point type
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-21 17:22:16

Nitpicking again. In paragraph 4 of the cpp_bin_float tutorial, you astutely note that "providing an allocator as the final template parameter causes cpp_bin_float to dynamically allocate the memory it needs" But the allocator type is no longer the *final* template parameter, since exponent types and ranges have been added as template parameters. So... is it the 3rd parameter, the 4th-to-last parameter...? Whatever, but it's not the last. Groovy big numbers! Sincerely, Chris. On Monday, October 21, 2013 9:38 PM, Christopher Kormanyos <e_float_at_[hidden]> wrote: >> The typedefs mentioned, however, are for decimal types such as >> cpp_dec_float_50 (radix-10, base 10). A modification of the >> preliminary documentation seems to be in order. > Done, thanks, John. > PS thought you were supposed to be gone fishing??  ;-) Yes, but I'm back now. I exaggerated the return date, just in case of any big troubles with travel or return to work. Caught some great scenery and king salmon up to 40 pounds. cpp_bin_float is looking good to me! And I will keep working with it and report anything significant. Sincerely, Chris. On Monday, October 21, 2013 2:27 PM, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote: >The typedefs mentioned, however, are for decimal types such as >cpp_dec_float_50 (radix-10, base 10). A modification of the >preliminary documentation seems to be in order. Done, thanks, John. PS thought you were supposed to be gone fishing??  ;-) _______________________________________________ Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost