Subject: Re: [boost] Reimplementation of the MPL for C++11
From: Agustín K-ballo Bergé (kaballo86_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-21 23:51:47

On 22/10/2013 12:28 a.m., Larry Evans wrote:
> On 10/20/13 10:33, Agustín K-ballo Bergé wrote:
>> On 20/10/2013 09:04 a.m., Larry Evans wrote:
> [snip]
>>> The code here:
>>>
>>> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/variadic_templates/sandbox/slim/
>>>
>>> might be helpful. It was based on Chrisopher's code but had
>>> to be modified slightly as mentioned in the post:
>>>
>>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.clang.devel/24145
>>>
>>> which also mentions the slow compile times when not using the
>>> preprocessor.
>>>

>> Compilers appear to have improved since then! I decided to take gcc4.8.1
>> and fusion::map for a spin, since I happen to have a variadic
>> implementation of map that does not use recursion. The results of this
>> crude exercise can be found here:
>> https://gist.github.com/K-ballo/a44590159133997abcdc
>
> This link only has the test driver code and the test results file.
> Could you please provide a link to the implementation of this
> non-recursive map?

Certainly, you can find the proof of concept implementation I used for
the tests here: http://fusionfenix.com/ktests/boost.fusion.map.zip
It is intended to be used with Boost.Fusion from trunk, you just need to
replace fusion's "map" directory with the "map_" one in the zip.

Keep in mind that it is just a proof of concept. I am working on a full
fledged implementation as time permits, which is not as often as I would
like.

Regards,

--
Agustín K-ballo Bergé.-