Subject: Re: [boost] [git] [conversion] Schedule and remaining showstoppers?
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-24 04:01:17

On 24 October 2013 02:54, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> on Tue Oct 22 2013, "Paul A. Bristow" <pbristow-AT-hetp.u-net.com> wrote:
>>
>> Will this also mean that the very many links in docs to Trac #1234
>> fixed items will still work
>> without any changes?
>
> Please show me an example of such a link.

There are lots of such links in the release notes, e.g. in:

http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_54_0.html

Do a text search for #6999, #8421.

They will work fine as long as we keep trac running. AFAIK there are
no plans to turn it off (but maybe should prevent the creation of new
tickets?). But if we ever turn it off, I'm sure we'll set something up
to maintain the links.

The implicit links in commit logs won't work on github (e.g. trac
converts #6999 to a ticket link, r83728 to a link to a changeset, I
don't think github offers a way to do that), but since every revision
should include a subversion commit number it will be pretty easy to
find the changeset on trac where everything will be linked. We could
possibly set up our own git viewer to manage that.