Subject: Re: [boost] [git help] Documenting common modular boost workflows
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-24 04:31:25

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Daniel James <daniel_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> > Point taken. Still, you haven't taken away my worry about "conflict
> > propagation": what if a couple of conflicting modules block the newest
> > versions of 20 (or more!) other modules?
> >
> > Is that somehow not possible? Am I missing something?
>
> If that happens in subversion, we have the same problem. Perhaps a
> larger one since merging to release is such a mess.

My understanding was that switching to a decentralized control source would
allow you,
among other things, to just pick only the last stable versions (stable with
other stables versions) from libraries to setup a new version of boost,
which is how decentralized work works both in branches and with pull
requests.