Subject: [boost] [coroutine] Recommended documentation clarification
From: Jason (jasonr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-24 11:25:54

I just upgraded my local Boost installation from v1.54 to v1.55b1 and tried
to compile one of my applications with the updated library. To my surprise,
I found that all of my code that used Boost.Coroutine now failed to compile.
After looking at the beta documentation, it seems that the coroutine class
interface from v1.54 has been abruptly deprecated with essentially no
explanation. Since I don't have time to rewrite all of my client code at
this point, using the old interface is a must.

After inspecting some of the Coroutine headers, I found that I could define
BOOST_COROUTINE_V1 to get the old behavior, but there isn't any mention of
this in the docs. It would probably be a more user-friendly change to make
this change and workaround more clear in the documentation before the v1.55
release.

Jason