Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: [boost] [git] [modular boost] Switchover schedule proposal
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-25 08:22:38

The showstoppers other than documentation have been cleared from the
conversion issues list. That includes the issues blocking documentation, so
doc work is underway again.

The 1.55 release is scheduled for November 4, and as of the moment it
doesn't look like that will sip much if at all.

I'm assuming that we want to reopen svn branches/release for a week or so
after 1.55 ships as some developers would like to merge pending changes to
branches/before the switchover.

That would mean an actual switchover starting about November 11.

It seems to me we need approximately a week after svn is made read-only and
the final conversion run is done to verify the correctness of the
conversion. During that time it seems to me that it would be unwise for
developers to make git commits since if a serious problem was discovered we
might decide to rerun the conversion process, wiping out the git repos.

At that point (roughly November 18, we would go totally live and developers
could resume their work, now using git and modular boost.



Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at