Subject: Re: [boost] [winapi] Default target Windows version
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-25 18:54:35

On Friday 25 October 2013 22:54:52 Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
> Le 23/10/13 15:12, Andrey Semashev a écrit :
> > On Wednesday 23 October 2013 16:35:33 Sergey Cheban wrote:
> >> There any many users of Windows XP. For them, the Windows XP Lifecycle
> >> ends
> >> at 08 Apr 2014. I see no reason to introduce any problems with WinXP
> >> compatibility before this date. On the other hand, I see no reasons to
> >> keep
> >> WinXP supported by default after it's official death.
> >
> > Ok, sounds reasonable. I changed the default back to XP.
>
> Hi Andrey,
>
> I was wondering if we don't need here a different toolset on bjam so
> that we can deliver both the XP and the Vista libraries.
>
> Apologies if I missed some important parts of the thread.

Yes, that idea was mentioned, although I don't think the whole new toolset is
required. I agree this would be a useful feature, but I don't plan doing this.
At least, not in the near future. Boost.Build is just too complicated for me
to do this easily.

I wonder what you think about this idea:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/245407

I'm considering changing to this approach in trunk.