Subject: Re: [boost] [math] Contribution and TODO-list implementation.
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-30 13:17:15

> Hello. I'm russian student. My department is Applied Math. I need to make
> my magister work and I would like to relate it with Boost.Math
> development. I think this work could be something like implementation of
> tasks mentioned in TODO-list. New feature development may take a long
> time. In the best case, I would be glad to take job and reviewer for it.
> If anyone has an idea - I'm ready to take serious and big job for 1,5
> years. Thanks.

Hi there,

I think you need to decide what really appeals to you. I think you should
also consider something quite small to start off with so you can get to
grips with the Math lib's way of doing things: that's probably the biggest
obstacle to contributing, but once you have that worked out it's much easier
to make contributions.

One relatively trivial example would be to implement the Bessel function
derivatives in terms of the regular Bessel functions - plus the hard part -
tests and docs.

Or you could look through the list of functions at
http://functions.wolfram.com/ and see if there's anything we're missing that
interests you (but I can't guarantee we'll be able to help you much with
implementation methodology - we've done the easy ones already!).

Or you could implement some of the missing distributions mentioned on the
TODO page.

And of course we'll try to help you as much as we can,

HTH, John.