Subject: Re: [boost] [git help] Cloning the boost git repository recursively seems to have issues.
From: Ahmed Charles (acharles_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-01 03:37:58

From: s_sourceforge_at_[hidden]
To: boost_at_[hidden]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 12:12:39 -0400

On 31 Oct 2013 at 1:12, Cox, Michael wrote:

> > All the "modified" files appear to be .bat, .vcproj, and .svg files
> > (although there was one file, example/ml02_distance_strategy.cpp in
> > libs/geometry). I thought it might be a problem with .gitattributes
> > files. When I looked at them, I noticed an unfamiliar attribute,
> > svneol=native. I expected to find eol=crlf for the .bat and .vcproj
> > files. I don't have autocrlf or safecrlf set in my ~.gitconfig file
> > (should I?). What is the svneol attribute? What am I missing?
>
> Some more info that I should have included:
> - Fedora 20
> - git version 1.8.3.1

FYI to those interested, this problem is exactly what my patches to
Boost2Git fixed. Dave backed those out for good reason (loss of
ancient data). We are discussing off list what to do instead - I gave
Dave some more options to ponder.

Is there a local change that I can make that would make the situation better?