Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Modularizing Boost (modularization)
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-01 13:27:36

John Maddock wrote:
> If there are self contained headers in some/many core libraries, then we
> should use a tool that is smart enough to detect that and behave sensibly.
> Otherwise move these self-contained details into some sort of "core"
> module that depends on nothing but config.

That's basically what I suggested as an alternative, some kind of a Utility
module that is absolutely not allowed to depend on anything but Config.

Tracking dependencies on a module level has its limitations, but it's simple
and transparent and I'm not sure we ought to try to improve it. And of
course it would be a bit impractical to create a module for every
self-contained header, even though that's arguably the right thing to do for
lighweight_mutex, atomic_count or sp_typeinfo, for example.