Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Improving/splitting up detail
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-01 15:50:23

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 11:15 PM, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Lets say we wanted boost/detail to depend on nothing but config, here's what
> it would take:

A general question: how do "common" and "detail" modules correlate? It
seems they both contain things too little to form a full fledged
library. Maybe there should be a single module, "common"? Or
"utility"?

> boost/detail/winapi/*
>
> Depends on boost/cstdint.hpp only, suggest that belongs to config.

Not sure about that. On one hand these headers do relate to
configuring on Windows. OTOH, that is more than defining a few macros.