Subject: Re: [boost] [config] including typeinfo in dinkumware.hpp when RTTIisdisabled
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-01 15:57:58

On 11/1/2013 2:32 PM, Niall Douglas wrote:
> On 1 Nov 2013 at 14:13, Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> IMO that is the best way to handle this. No point in Boosters putting in
>> effort to work around a problem so serious it blocks most use of clang on
>> windows anyhow. They will have to fix it if they are serious about clang
>> and windows.
>
> Last time I looked clang could generate reasonably functional Win32
> EH tables on 32 bit x86. x64 uses a different format, and wasn't
> working last time I looked.
>
> Just because clang can spit out the tables doesn't of course mean
> that clang's runtime can cope fully yet. Certain support library code
> would be needed, and I have no idea what the state of that is.
>
> I absolutely agree there is no point even thinking about Boost
> support for clang on Windows as if it were MSVC until they have MSVC
> native exception handling perfected and Win32 SEH as well, as that
> comes with the territory of full MSVC compliance. I'd also not bother
> until clang can fully grok all Win32 Platform SDK headers too, as
> Boost code will assume that works ifdef _MSC_VER and rightly so.

With exception support and RTTI current clang with VC++ RTL gives:

"add_const_test.cpp"
-Fo"..\..\..\bin.v2\libs\type_traits\test\add_const_test.test\clang-vc10-win-3.4\debug\add_const_test.obj"
    -TP /Od /Ob0 /W4 /GR /MDd /Zc:forScope /Zc:wchar_t
-fmsc-version=1600 /wd4675 /EHs -c
-DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1
"-I..\..\.."
compile-c-c++
..\..\..\bin.v2\libs\type_traits\test\add_const_test.test\clang-vc10-win-3.4\debug\add_const_test.obj

     call "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
10.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86 > nul

"C:\Programming\VersionControl\clang_build\bin\Release\clang-cl.exe"
@"..\..\..\bin.v2\libs\type_traits\test\add_const_test.test\clang-vc10-win-3.4\debug\add_const_test.obj.rsp"

clang-cl.exe: warning: argument unused during compilation: '/EHs'
error: cannot mangle RTTI descriptors for type 'codecvt' yet
error: cannot mangle the name of type 'codecvt' into RTTI descriptors yet
error: cannot mangle RTTI descriptors for type 'codecvt_base' yet
error: cannot mangle the name of type 'codecvt_base' into RTTI
descriptors yet
error: cannot mangle RTTI descriptors for type 'facet' yet
error: cannot mangle the name of type 'facet' into RTTI descriptors yet
6 errors generated.""