Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Improving/splitting up detail
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-01 16:19:31

On 1 November 2013 19:15, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Lets say we wanted boost/detail to depend on nothing but config, here's what
> it would take:

It would be good to establish a convention for modules which aren't
"official" Boost libraries (i.e. haven't gone through a review, aren't
considered public but are needed by other libraries).

> boost/detail/allocator_utilities.hpp
>
> Used by multi index, statechart and flyweight, suggest move to new
> "common" module.

We might be able to deprecate this header, it's used to support old
allocators. I stopped using it in Boost.Unordered 2 years ago and no
one noticed.

> boost/detail/endian.hpp
>
> Move to "predef"

The old version of endian.hpp (i.e. up to r85229) needs to stay in detail.