Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] [1.55.0] Release candidate 2 available
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-03 23:10:23

On Nov 3, 2013, at 4:00 PM, Jeff Flinn <jeffrey.flinn_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 11/3/2013 6:05 PM, Marshall Clow wrote:
>> On Nov 3, 2013, at 2:25 PM, Tom Kent <lists_at_[hidden]
>> <mailto:lists_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>>> On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]
>>> <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>>> RC2 files for 1.55.0 are available at
>>> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
>>> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
>>> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.
>>> This helps ensure the candidates build OK before we push them out
>>> to SourceForge.
>>> The files (and associated md5s) are:
>>> 93780777cfbf999a600f62883bd54b17
>>> *boost_1_55_0_rc2.tar.gz
>>> d6eef4b4cacb2183f2bf265a5a03a354
>>> *boost_1_55_0_rc2.tar.bz2
>>> 8aca361a4713a1f491b0a5e33fee0f1f *
>>> 4e5bbc15fc8c80df8be428f8a5b5a823 *boost_1_55_0_rc2.7z
>>> Thanks!
>>> -- The release managers
>>> When is the release expected? (How long do we have to try building?)
>> We try to ship an RC on Wednesday, then release on Monday.
>> If there are no problems found in this RC, I expect we'll release on
>> Friday or Saturday.
> Serialization still fails to build on VS2013. This is due to tickets #9279/#8750 not being merged to release from trunk. Robert sent me a direct email saying "See my previous post on this thread to see why we're stuck here." but I've not been able to figure out to what he's referring.

I think he was referring to this email:
On Oct 31, 2013, at 9:44 AM, Robert Ramey <robertmacleranramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I've been trying to get these changes in. I grouped a number of the changes into one batch. I group them because it takes me a long time to test any changes. The fixes seemed simple, but to no one's surprise, they turned out to have some unexpected wrinkles. Right now I'm pending an answer to my recent question on the mailing list regarding TYPE_TRAIT deprecation. Once that gets done I would be ready to merge the trunk into the release. I don't think things are going to fall into place before 1.55 release though.

It doesn't sound to me like he's ready to put those changes out into a release at this time.

-- Marshall

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at