Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Modularizing Boost (modularization)
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-05 07:50:37

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Gavin Lambert <gavinl_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Do you think that some of those assumptions are flawed?

Another example is in MSVC11 (and I assume is still in MSVC12) there is a
minor bug in std::chrono which makes it impractical to use in code that
needs high precision of time.
This forced me to use boost::chrono, which forced me to use boost::thread
instead of std::thread because the time-related interface aren't compatible
and require tons of casting.

Having alternative implementations of the standard, in particular when it's
mostly the same code whatever the target plateform, is a good thing.