Subject: [boost] New Version (0.4) of Boost.Application (Aspect Based) available to comments (RFC).
From: Renato Forti (re.tf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-09 10:11:05

Hi, I will answer on list too.

>> I would like to know if your application class is related only to console
applications or is it a generic class that could be implemented also as a
gui::application?

It is generic. But now we don't provide any specific support to GUI, you can
for sample use it with QT, to do this you need use "common mode".

>> I'm trying to write a cross platform header only gui library, so I wonder
if I should use it (hoping it's a header only library too) or have my own
different gui::application class.
http://www.dokfile.com/appbeta4/docs/libs/application/doc/html/boost_applica
tion/f_a_q_.html#boost_application.f_a_q_.can_i_build_another_application_mo
de__what_is_needed_

Well, you can build a application mode that will use your GUI lib, e.g.

application::gui use application::common as model.

But we have some problem here!

1. Boost.Application is not a boost library yet! (have no support od
boost.org) , and it is in working progress status. Things can change!
2. Boost.Application is header only, but have some dependencies that are not
header only.
http://www.dokfile.com/appbeta4/docs/libs/application/doc/html/boost_applica
tion/dependencies.html

PS. If you think that this library is interesting to boost, please post on
boost.devel, that you have interest on it.
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel

Hope this helps in your decision. If you have any other questions, let me
know!
 --
 Renato Forti