Subject: Re: [boost] [1.55][log] Last minute bug fix
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-11 03:05:33

On Sunday 10 November 2013 23:11:39 Daniel James wrote:
> On 9 November 2013 16:07, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it too late for a fix in Boost.Log in 1.55? Here's the commit:
> >
> > https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/86600
> >
> > This fixes garbage output when using dump() manipulator on CPUs with AVX2
> > support. The bug didn't appear on any of our testers because apparently
> > none of them have Haswell CPUs. I tested this change locally on Linux,
> > gcc 4.8, but it should be valid on all platforms.
> >
> > If it's too late already then maybe a note with the patch in the release
> > notes would be possible?
>
> I don't know what the current release plans are, but adding a patch to
> the release notes is always possible.

Release managers are not responding, and the release is behind the schedule,
so I'm guessing I missed 1.55 (did I?).

Could you add the attached patch and the following description to the release
notes?

The patch fixes incorrect output of the
[@http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/libs/log/doc/html/log/detailed/utilities.html#log.detailed.utilities.manipulators.dump
 dump] manipulator, when used on AVX2-enabled CPU (e.g. Intel Haswell).