Subject: Re: [boost] sqlpp11: SQL for C++
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-11 08:29:34

On 2013-11-11 14:13, Larry Evans wrote:
> On 11/09/13 16:03, Roland Bock wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> over the last four or five years I developed several SQL libraries for
>> C++. With C++11 I was finally able to create an SQL library that meets
>> my own expectations and requirements. It is being used in production, I
>> recently put it on github, and I would really like to hear from you guys
>> whether this is something that could be interesting for you personally
>> or for boost?
>>
>> https://github.com/rbock/sqlpp11
>
> Hi Roland,
>
> I 'git cloned' the library and looked at some of the files.
> Apparently there are tabs in the file. IIRC, tabs are not
> supposed to be in the boost source code. Also, the header
> files have a .h extension. Again, IIRC, boost headers should
> have .hpp extension.
>
> -Larry

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the hint! Well, there are quite a few things not in a state
that I would dare to ask for a formal review...

I consider the library very useful right now and I wouldn't want to do
SQL programming in C++ without it. And I would love to see sqlpp11 or
something similar to become part of boost and/or STL one fine day, but
there are quite a few miles to go to get there.

I'll put file names and no-tabs onto my growing ToDo list. These are
probably among the earlier items to be ticked off :-)

Best regards,

Roland