Subject: Re: [boost] sqlpp11: SQL for C++
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-11 10:30:05

On 11/09/2013 11:03 PM, Roland Bock wrote:

> recently put it on github, and I would really like to hear from you guys
> whether this is something that could be interesting for you personally
> or for boost?

I think it could be a very useful addition.

There are two potential extensions that may be worth considering. I do
not consider these extensions required for adoption in Boost, but it may
be a good idea to at least have given them some thought.

First, make sqlpp11 work on arbitrary data structures. For instance, SQL
is just one data provider in LINQ.

Second, consider adding streaming SQL. Rx is an example of this. This
could be done with a Boost.Asio integration.

   http://rx.codeplex.com/

> * define types representing tables and columns,

There seems to be room for improvement here. You should consider an
integration with Boost.Fusion. This way you can avoid having to build
a code generator.