Subject: Re: [boost] sqlpp11: SQL for C++
From: Abel Sinkovics (abel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-11 17:21:25

Hi,

On 2013-11-11 21:59, Christof Donat wrote:
> The downside is, that metaparse has a configurable maximum string length and
> increasing it also increases compile times. I am not sure, weather it would be
> possible to have reasonable compile times with SQL strings as they exist in
> real world applications.
If it turns out to be too slow, a constexpr/template metaprogram
combined approach might help. For example constexpr functions could be
used to tokenise the input. There is an example showing that constexpr
and metaprogram parsers can be combined:

https://github.com/sabel83/mpllibs/tree/master/libs/metaparse/example/constexpr_parser

It parses "a*b*a*", where the "a*" parts are parsed with metaprograms
while the "b*" parts are parsed with constexpr.

Regards,
   Ábel