Subject: Re: [boost] Any interest in hashing algorithms SHA and/or FNV1a?
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-13 11:31:11

On Nov 12, 2013, at 10:52 AM, foster brereton <fosterb+boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I have been working on implementations of the SHA and FNV-1a class of
> hashing algorithms. Both are header-only.

[ snip algorithm descriptions ]

> The algorithms are currently part of the Adobe Source Libraries on GitHub:
>
> SHA:
> https://github.com/stlab/adobe_source_libraries/blob/sha_cleanup/adobe/sha.hpp
> (note: the master branch version needs updating to this one.)
>
> FNV-1a:
> https://github.com/stlab/adobe_source_libraries/blob/master/adobe/fnv.hpp
>
> Would these algorithms be of general use to the Boost community? If so
> I would be willing to submit them formally.

I believe so, yes.

There's been interest off and on over the years in a Boost.Crypto library.
So far, there's been either (a) a lack of people willing to put in the work, or (b) disagreement on the interface.

A set of hash implementations would be a nice start for this.
I'll try to take a look at your code this week.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki