Subject: Re: [boost] [TypeIndex] Peer review period for library acceptance begins, ending Thurs 21st Nov
From: Mathieu Champlon (m.champlon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-16 11:50:50

On 16/11/2013 16:58, Antony Polukhin wrote:
> 2013/11/16 Mathieu Champlon <m.champlon_at_[hidden]>
> <...>
>
>> Do you think getting the type info of the "current" type of a variable (as
>> opposed to it's real type) could sometimes prove useful ?
>> Could it be worth adding a function in TypeIndex ?
>>
> This is a very very common use case in Boost and widely used technique in
> libraries that use type erasure. Examples are Boost.Function, Boost.Any,
> Boost,Graph, Boost.Math and others...
> Such function is already in TypeIndex library, see boost::type_info<T>().

Yes, but I meant given :

#define SOME_MACRO_IN_MY_LIBRARY( variable )
do_something_complicated_requiring_type_info_of_type_of_variable

I cannot use boost::type_info<T>() easily can I ?
Granted I could do boost::type_info< BOOST_TYPEOF( variable ) >() but
that's a bit cumbersome compared to for instance a simple
boost::type_info( variable ).

Thanks,
MAT.