Subject: Re: [boost] [TypeIndex] Peer review period for library acceptance begins, ending Thurs 21st Nov
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-16 20:54:16

On 17 Nov 2013 at 0:41, Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:

> > 1. Should this library be accepted into Boost?
> >
> YES.

Thanks for the feedback. Very useful for my report.

> One question though, I'm not totally clear if there is a remarkable
> difference in performance and binary size between with RTTI using std and
> without RTTI using this library.

You make a valid point. It's been many years since I last wrote code
capable of working with RTTI off, and therefore my knowledge of how
well modern compilers generate RTTI is seriously out of date. I have
probably been overly conservative as a result by working with a
decade old mental model.

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/