Subject: [boost] decay.hpp - anonymous enum problem
From: Tim Burgess (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-18 06:46:55

Hi,

I have a project for Windows/Mac that builds fine using VS2010, but
generates errors when I build using Xcode 4.6 with the Apple-provided GCC
4.2 compiler (required, as this project also uses wxWidgets). All of my own
modules compile cleanly, but I get the following error output:

SurfaceReader Group
/users/tim/developer/libraries/boost_1_54_0/boost/type_traits/decay.hpp

/users/tim/developer/libraries/boost_1_54_0/boost/type_traits/decay.hpp:28:
'<anonymous enum>' is/uses anonymous type
/users/tim/developer/libraries/boost_1_54_0/boost/type_traits/decay.hpp:28:
Trying to instantiate 'template<class T> struct boost::remove_reference'
/users/tim/developer/libraries/boost_1_54_0/boost/type_traits/decay.hpp:38:
'<anonymous enum>' is/uses anonymous type
/users/tim/developer/libraries/boost_1_54_0/boost/type_traits/decay.hpp:38:
Trying to instantiate 'template<class T> struct boost::remove_reference'

I realise that I haven't provided the command that Xcode is using to build
the project - this isn't deliberate, but I can't seem to locate where Xcode
provides this on-screen using the VoiceOver accessibility tool (I'm a
totally blind developer). I don't include decay.hpp directly in any of my
modules, but further research turned up:

If I can find the anonymous enum within the files included within decay.hpp
I can patch it by providing a tag for the enum and I believe that this will
rectify the issue. Can anybody point me at the appropriate file, or have I
got to plough through the lot?

I initially discovered this issue in Boost 1.54.0, but I can also reproduce
it using 1.55.0.

Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes.

Tim Burgess