Subject: Re: [boost] [git] [modular boost] Switchover schedule proposal
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-19 08:12:15
On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 6:03 AM, Daniel James <daniel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 25 October 2013 13:22, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > The showstoppers other than documentation have been cleared from the
> > conversion issues list. That includes the issues blocking documentation,
> > doc work is underway again.
> > The 1.55 release is scheduled for November 4, and as of the moment it
> > doesn't look like that will sip much if at all.
> > I'm assuming that we want to reopen svn branches/release for a week or so
> > after 1.55 ships as some developers would like to merge pending changes
> > branches/before the switchover.
> > That would mean an actual switchover starting about November 11.
> Since the release has been delayed, I changed the git transition to
> begin on Friday 15th, to allow for a week. Is that okay? Any better
> Calendar is at:
> The current schedule is:
> Friday, 8 November
> 1.55.0 Release
> Monday, 11 November
> Provisional: Close subversion for git conversion.
> Monday, 18 November
> Provisional: Open git based development.
> Monday, 9 December
> Provisional: 1.56.0 Closed for new libraries
> Monday, 16 December
> Provisional: 1.56.0 Alpha (for testing the release process)
> Provisional: 1.56.0 Closed for major code changes
> Thursday, 26 December
> Provisional: 1.56.0 Beta closed, except by permission
> Monday, 30 December
> Provisional: 1.56.0 Beta Release
> Monday, 3 February 2014
> Provisional: 1.56.0 Release
Seems about right to me. To make all this happen, a lot of new procedures
still have to be worked out, but it doesn't seem practical to develop those
procedures until after the conversion is complete.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk