Subject: Re: [boost] [build] Default compiler options for a toolset
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-20 17:12:42

On 20/11/2013 18:49, Quoth Edward Diener:
> In a clang-win.jam toolset created by someone else and posted on the
> Boost Build forum, the toolset flags are inherited from msvc. This was
> created for clang-cl under Windows using the VC++ RTL. However there is
> no supported /EH(x) like option for this clang-cl compiler. How can I
> disable the command line from propagating this option entirely ? I do
> not know what clang-cl uses for the various <exception-handling>,
> <asynch-exceptions>, or <extern-c-nothrow> combinations, but the
> compiler works fine without the clang-cl equivalent, whatever it is, of
> VC++ /EH(x) being set. Nonetheless I want to remove this when using the
> clang-win.jan file since the non-support of /EH(x) in clang-cl causes
> repeated warning messages for each test compiled. Is there any easy way
> to do this in the clang-win.jam toolset so basically no /EH(x) compiler
> option is generated ?

You probably shouldn't try to remove that.

Eventually the clang folks will implement exception handling "properly"
for Windows (since they're aiming for compatibility), and then
presumably the warning will go away. In the meantime, it's alerting you
that it's not doing what MSVC would do, which might change behaviour.
This is useful to know (and useful to know when that changes).