Subject: Re: [boost] R-MAT graphs
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-23 04:35:04

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013, Nouf M. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have recently downloaded Boost… I tried the example in the “getting
> started” page (Lambda)… it worked which means that the installation is fine…
>
> The main purpose of installing Boost is that I want to generate graphs
> using R-MAT in which I found an example at:
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_50_0/libs/graph_parallel/doc/html/scalable_rmat_generator.html
>
> I copied the example and pasted it in the place of the (Lambda) example to
> make sure that the project is opened correctly (I’m using visual stdio
> 2012), however, It did not compile successfully, I received the following
> error:
>
> fatal error C1189: #error : "Parallel BGL files should not be included
> unless <boost/graph/use_mpi.hpp> has been included"
>
> I tried to include <boost/graph/use_mpi.hpp> but with no luck, I received
> the following error:
>
> fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'mpi.h': No such file or
> directory
>
> What should I do? Please help me…

If you would like to use the Parallel Boost Graph Library (the files in
libs/graph_parallel, for example), you need to use an implementation of
the Message Passing Interface (MPI) to compile and run your program.

Are you sure you need a parallel implementation? If not, there is
documentation for the sequential version of the R-MAT generator in
<boost/graph/rmat_graph_generator.hpp>; see the test code in
libs/graph/test/generator_test.cpp in the Boost source tree.

-- Jeremiah Willcock