Subject: [boost] [Config] Need more macros for VS2013
From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-23 06:22:20

I tried to use Visual Studio 2013 for the first time. I added the version of Boost 1.55 from NuGet. I've been adding macros from Boost.Config to help, but we need some more:

1. VS2013 doesn't support the "alignof" operator.
2. VS2013 doesn't support in-class class-static constants besides integers and enumerations. In my case, I had an array of size_t. C++11 is supposed to allow any literal (including arrays thereof) type.

I had some other weird errors that are show-stopping.

1. I guess VS2013 uses smart iterators for std::array by default/debugging-mode. They don't convert to a pointer-to-element-type. I changed one function to use a pair of const_iterator, but a different function gave an internal error (C1001) when I tried to fix that one.
2. Boost.Test macros are complaining all over about mismatched arguments. When using MinGW, I used Boost from the trunk, because the release branch wouldn't compile. I'm guess that the NuGet version of Boost grabs from release, therefore I get the Boost.Test problems back. How do I use a copy of the Boost trunk in VS 2013 Express? (I got a Subversion download of both branches.)

Daryle W.