Subject: Re: [boost] [Config] Need more macros for VS2013
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-24 16:10:39

On 23 Nov 2013 at 8:19, Beman Dawes wrote:

> On top of the VS2013 RTM config needs, Microsoft has also released a
> November 2013 CTP, with a dozen C++11 and C++14 features now implemented.
> Some of these are partial implementations - constexpr doesn't support
> member functions and noexcept doesn't support the conditional form. While
> no one in their right mind would use a CTP release in production code, it
> would be nice to support the CTP as an option for those who want to
> experiment and/or report bugs to Microsoft.
>
> I'm one of the Boost.config maintainers who has worked on VC++ macros, but
> I'm busy with the Git conversion for awhile. So if you or anyone else wants
> to supply patches (or better yet, GitHub pull requests), feel free to do so.

Useful information for these extra VS macros can be found in this
graphic:

http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/communityserver-bl
ogs-components-weblogfiles/00-00-00-65-69/0638.Updated-Conformance-Map
.png

Each of the missing C++98 (yes, some of these are still missing),
C++11 and C++14 features in Visual Studio are listed, along with when
in priority order they will be implemented. It would be a short step
from this list to a suitable list of Boost config macro names.

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/