Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Line endings in bootstrap.bat on Windows
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-25 12:28:06

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 8:07 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Björn Pollex <bjoern.pollex_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > I just cloned the modularized Boost repository from Github [1]. Right
> after
> > the clone is done, git status gives me a complete diff on bootstrap.bat
> (so
> > probably line endings).
> >
> > I do have autocrlf = true in my system configuration, so this shouldn't
> be
> > the problem, right?
>
> It very well might be the problem.

I also had autocrlf = true on my Windows machine, so set it to false and
tried a fresh clone.

.\bootstrap failed! Couldn't find compiler configuration files. Oddly,
bootstrap.bat still had cr/lf line endings, and was identical to the
version cloned with autocrlf = true, even though many other files differed
in line endings.

--Beman