Subject: Re: [boost] [conversion] Isolating the phantom file changes problem
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-27 01:59:45

On 25 November 2013 22:55, Gavin Lambert <gavinl_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Shell scripts might benefit from being marked eol=lf in git, in case someone
> on Windows wants to run the script via Cygwin or MSYS. There's probably no
> need to mark batch files or VS projects as eol=crlf, since these files are
> only likely to actually be used on Windows, and git should expand these to
> CRLFs just via "text" or "text=auto".

If a file only works with crlf line endings then that is what the file
should contain. Sometimes people use mac or linux checkouts on
windows. For example, we shouldn't require users to download boost
twice if they use it on both windows and linux. The .tar.gz and
.tar.bz2 downloads should work everywhere.