Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Line endings in bootstrap.bat on Windows
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-27 11:03:04

Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> writes:

> AMDG
>
> On 11/25/2013 10:24 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:
>>
>> Ha! tools/build/v2/engine/build.bat just has newlines. Yet it has cr/lf
>> line endings in svn.
>>
>> So that's why on Windows autocrlf = true is required. It also shows that
>> conversion's treatment of line endings is inconsistent - apparently
>> bootstrap.bat does not have CR stripped but tools/build does have them
>> stripped.
>>

> The difference appears to because:
>
>>svn propget svn:eol-style trunk\bootstrap.bat
> CRLF
>
>>svn propget svn:eol-style trunk\tools\build\v2\engine\build.bat
> native
>
> It sounds like the conversion doesn't handle
> svn:eol-style=CRLF correctly.

What do you consider to be "correct" handling?

If you can figure out what's really desired, we can easily implement it.
Or, maybe Niall's patch already implements what you want. So far,
though, there have been so many emphatic demands from the community that
no history be "lost," that we have been extremely reluctant to process
the file contents as part of the conversion.