Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Line endings in bootstrap.bat on Windows
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-28 07:03:21

On 28 November 2013 11:57, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> New files are commonly created with native line endings. I'm not very
> knowledgeable about git, but if it stores files as-is without any
> conversions

It performs newlines conversions if it's configured to. It's actually
better than subversion in this regard as we can set the policy for a
repo in the gitattributes file, while subversion is based on the
configuration of the person who checks in the file which is why this
is inconsistent in our subversion repo. The problems we're having is
with the subversion to git conversion, not with normal git use.