Subject: [boost] Boost unit test with BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS
From: driscoll (driscoll_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-06 16:30:13

I work on a team that uses compiles with exception support disabled.
(That... is not my decision, and no value judgments on that, please.
:-))

I'd kind of like to use the unit test library. However, at a surface
level it has lots of uses of raw try/catch/throw instead of
BOOST_TRY/BOOST_CATCH/BOOST_THROW. At a deeper level, I suspect what's
doing is throwing an exception on an EXPECT or ASSERT failure -- and
thus that disabling exceptions will basically mean that a test failure
will cause an immediate abort in the program. (I guess I can hack around
that in an ugly but somewhat-reasonable way.)

How hopeless is using the library with BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS?

Evan