Subject: Re: [boost] sidenote about guis (Re: [git] How the blazes are you supposed to update all the submodules?)
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-20 13:40:46

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Mathias Gaunard <
mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Isn't github a good GUI already?

I tried this one and was pleased when doing some patches/PR for cppnetlib
which is hosted on github.
It's simple and clear.
However, several things annoyed me, I don't remember exactly what in the
interface,
but I stopped as soon as I realized that some command I was doing regularly
in some other tools were not directly implemented.
It was last year, the tool was very young, so they might have improved
since then.

However, as it can't manage mercurial, I will not use it daily that's for
sure. Most of my projects are in mercurial, only some
(the open source ones on github or the ones that needs potentially complex
manipulations) are in git.