Subject: Re: [boost] [regression] OK to merge? Should tools/regression be a submodule?
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-02 13:54:24

On 1/2/2014 11:24 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Daniel James <daniel_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> On 2 January 2014 14:50, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>
>>> * Should tools/regression be a submodule?
>>
>> Should it be part of the boost tree? Since it downloads boost into a
>> subdirectory, it looks like something that exists outside of the tree.
>>

> Good point. The same might be true of several other tools, like
> tools/inspect.

I do not see why a tool which manipulates the Boost tree totally outside
of git should not be part of the Boost tree. One thing ( manipulating
the Boost tree in some way ) does not preclude the other ( being part of
the tree ) in my mind. Clearly the Boost tree can be changed locally
outside of what git does in regard to version control.