Subject: Re: [boost] [MSM] Additional template arguments for process_event
From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-03 08:52:31

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Juan Carlos Franzoy <jfranzoy_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I am evaluating the factibility and convenience of a library to try to
> make easier the construction of protocol stacks over Boost.Asio. Protocol
> stack layers are often Finite State Machines.

This doesn't directly answer your question, but...

If each protocol layer speaks directly to the layers immediately above
it and below it, where the bottom-most layer speaks directly to
Boost.Asio, this could be an ideal use case for Boost.Coroutine and
(at the bottom) its Asio integration. You could write each layer as
simple procedural code, yielding control to the layer above or the
layer below.