Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Near future.. How do we deal with git-native libraries?
From: Karsten Ahnert (karsten.ahnert_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-04 16:22:16

On 01/04/2014 10:16 PM, Daniel James wrote:
> On 4 January 2014 21:06, Karsten Ahnert <karsten.ahnert_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> It isn't appropriate for new libraries. It's just for a library that
>>> was in subversion, but was really using git already. I think the only
>>> examples are predef and odeint. We should sort out odeint very soon.
>>
>> Sorry, what do you mean by sort out?
>
> Sort out what how we're going to import odeint from your git repo into boost's.
>
>> Should I try to apply the above
>> procedure for creating the branch to the boostorg/odeint repo?
>
> Not yet, the problem is that you're currently using a different
> repository layout to the boost submodules. It's up to you how you want
> to approach that, if you're happy to change the module layout then
> that's simplest for us. But if that's a problem we'll have to work out
> another way.

I don't think it is a big problem for us to change our module layout
since odeint is header-only. There are users which use our github
version, but it should no be very difficult for them to change to the
new module structure, since it just an adjustment of the include path.
I think that's the better way since both repositories should be more or
less equal.