Subject: [boost] Fumbling with modular Boost and GIT
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-09 13:53:18

I have recently been fumbling with Modular Boost to do some routine maintenance and update of
documentation on Boost.Math, with generally most unhappy results.

Although this is partly from my general modest familiarity with GIT, I feel that the documentation
of the process of doing things is woefully thin. There are far too many vital details assumed or
unsaid.

I'm posting this in the hope that someone will produce a fully documented and illustrated
blow-by-blow (preferably using Tortoise GIT and including its displays) description of how to work
cooperatively on the develop branch, and a specific library development sub-branch.

This should cover (at least) getting changes to headers in /boost and /libs made by others, making a
change to a header file, making a change to tests, testing it using an IDE, and making a change to
an example (containing some embedded Quickbook) in and IDE and running it, and to changing
Quickbook files in the /library/doc folder, and finally pushing.

And now, for a change, I'm off for a little quiet alligator wrestling ;-)

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK