Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Fiber review January 6-15
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-09 17:37:25

Le 08/01/14 23:48, Vicente J. Botet Escriba a écrit :
> Le 06/01/14 14:07, Nat Goodspeed a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The review of Boost.Fiber by Oliver Kowalke begins today, Monday January
>> 6th, and closes Wednesday January 15th.
>>

>> - What is your evaluation of the design?

More questions/remarks:

The algorithm class should be called scheduler. Either his definition is
hidden to the user or you don't use detail and document all the needed
types.

Please replace _ws by work_stealing.

Can the user define a specific scheduler that provide the work stealing?

Could you show an example of a specific algorithm?

How portable is the priority if it is specific of the scheduler?

I'm sure I'm missing the role of the scheduler. what are the propose of
the virtual functions. I have the impression that it implements a lot of
things none of them related to scheduler. It seems to me that it is the
class that is calling to the scheduler that schedules. What am I missing?

I'll continue once I understand what the scheduler algorithm purpose is for.

Best,
Vicente